I don’t know about you, but it became Halloween the second the calendar flipped to October. It is going to be different this year, but I will most definitely be drinking hot chocolate and having a Halloween/horror movie marathon. Not only will I be diving headfirst into spooky movies, but it is also time for some spooky reads. Anyone have recommendations?
📖 A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
📖 Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
📖 The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
📖 Grown by Tiffany D. Jackson
📖 The Girl Is Murder by Kathryn Miller Haines
📖 Devil in Ohio by Daria Polatin
📖 Charming as a Verb by Ben Philippe
📖 Six Angry Girls by Adrienne Kisner
📖 Serious Moonlight by Jean Bennett
📖 Blood and Honey by Shelby Mahurin
📖 We Are Not Free by Traci Chee (currently reading)
📖 They Wish They Were Us by Jessica Goodman (currently reading)
- I am going to write and post (key word being POST) a discussion post. I think I’ll do a Let’s Talk Bookish prompt and see where it goes from there.
- Post reviews on Goodreads. Seriously, you just need to do it. You can always edit it later if it doesn’t work, but I need to suck it out and post them.
- Be a more active commenter on other’s blogs. I try to take time everyday to read other’s blog posts. I know how much effort goes into every single one, and I like seeing what other people think of books. If I’m already reading the post, I might as well comment to let them know I appreciated it. I want to be more consistent with that.
- Pintresting ever single day is time consuming. I want to create some graphics in advance and maybe schedule posts. It will be much more efficient to do them all at once, rather than sporadically throughout the week.
- Figure out what I’m doing with Twitter and actually use it.
- 20 books. Let’s do it!!!
- One of the amazing things about blogging is the endless book recommendations. I am neck high in recommendations, but there are certain books or series that always seem to pop up. I want to go and read a bunch of really hyped books that I keep passing by. It is my personal mission to read as many of them as I can. Will they be worth the hype?? I don’t know, but we shall see.
- Show some self control when I go to the library. I know that you can not read 20 books in 2 weeks, so I need to stop checking out 20 books every few days. Reminder: you can always go back and get more instead of stockpiling them like the apocalypse.
- My family does not read. I can count the total number of books they have read in the last 10 years (not including for school) on my fingers. During quarantine we started a little book club to keep ourselves (read: them) motivated to read. We read Dear Martin and had a bunch of really great discussions about it. This month we chose How to Lead a Life of Crime so I’m excited to see how that goes. Hopefully we are able to finish *fingers crossed*
- I don’t know what the weather is doing right now to be honest. One day it is 85 degrees and the next it is 48. Come on weather! Kindly get your act together. But as it gets colder and the possibility of snow (ick) gets closer, I need to take as many outdoor photos as possible. Got to maximize that natural lighting.
- Get to 1000 followers
- Try to use the stories more. After a few months I finally feel like I am getting the sense as to what to post on stories. Now for the matter of actually doing it…
- I think a theme shift is in order. Right now I have a colorful, bright, kind of summer-ish vibe going on. It is time to shift into something warmer and a bit more fall-ish.
- Host a give away! I have never done one before, but I want to give it a shot.
What are your favorite spooky books? Do you like watching horror movies? Which are your favorites? What books are you excited to read this month? Do you have any goals?